On behalf of the Federal Ministry for the Environment, Nature Conservation and Nuclear Safety and the Federal Environment Agency
The survey on the state of environmental awareness and behaviour, which has been conducted every two years since 1996, is currently being planned and carried out by ISInova. Besides assessments of environmental problems and information on environmental behaviour, the research is interested in how environmental problems lead to innovative changes in behaviour, whereby these problems are understood as opportunities for changing everyday routines.
The survey took place in 2012 as a representative survey throughout Germany. The project is carried out in cooperation with the Philipps University of Marburg.
Contact: Jana Rückert-John (email@example.com)
The brochure “Environmental Awareness in Germany 2012” with the main results can be downloaded from the UBA website since 18 January 2013.
The report on the 2012 in-depth study has been published: http://www.umweltbundesamt.de/publikationen/repraesentativumfrage-umweltbewusstsein
Furthermore, various publications have been produced in the course of the project:
- BzS Nr. 8 – René John: Innovativeness of Everyday Routines – Stability, Change and Environmental Affinity PDF-Download (270 KB)
- BzS Nr. 9 – René John: Environment as a problem. Group discussions on the relevance of environmental issues in everyday life PDF-Download (634 KB)
- BzS Nr. 10 – Jana Rückert-John: Challenges of sustainable development from the experts’ perspective: Problems and solutions PDF download (196 KB)
- BzS Nr. 13 – René John: The failure of a global conference as an opportunity for particular solutions PDF-Dwonload (1 MB)
- René John (2013):Everyday sustainability. On the innovativeness of practices. In: Jana Rückert-John (Ed.): Social Innovation and Sustainability. Wiesbaden: Springer VS: 103-132. About Springer VS Publishing House.
René John spoke at the conference “From Primates to Smart Users” organised by the Austrian Energy Agency and the Climate and Energy Fund on 15 October 2013 in Vienna about the results of the 2012 environmental awareness study.